NHS Discharge Coordinators
Your private emergency service
Thornbury’s unique database of qualified nurses and carers, coupled with our unrivalled flexibility and speed of service delivery, means you have an emergency service you can trust.
You can rely on our rapid response service to:
- Reduce bed-blocking to achieve greater capacity and enable faster ward admissions
- Deliver faster safe discharge home
- Ensure continuity of patient care and treatment
- Simplify transfer between your nurse and carer requirements
Ready to work anywhere, in any specialist area
Whether you’re experiencing challenges in geriatrics, paediatrics or mental health, we have staff on-call ready to support your team at a moment’s notice.
Practical support – whenever you need it
- Ability to give IV antibiotics in the community setting, reducing bed days
- Ability to change wound dressings in the community setting, reducing bed days
- Reducing the risk of infection
- Reducing the risk of hospital-acquired infection (HAI)
Thornbury was asked to respond quickly, on the same day, to ensure the safe and proper discharge of a teenage boy requiring urgent end-of-life care. The boy presented with challenging behaviour, and no other agency was willing or able to step in to help. Fortunately, Thornbury nursing staff were there in time to deliver the family’s wish to have their son at home.