COVID-19: managing anxiety
We are all in a very difficult position and we understand that this may leave some of your feeling anxious. We have put together some top tips on how to manage your anxiety during these unprecedented times.
- Maintain everyday routines as much as possible
- Create structure for children within the home
- Balance activity with rest
- Regular mealtimes
- Look for other ideas/activities to complete around the house
- Protect yourself and your family
- Exercise as much as possible
- Talk about your fears – engage with family, friends and work colleagues
- Manage what you can control, not what you can’t
- Use techniques such as: deep breathing exercises, mindfulness, taking regular breaks from work and seeking professional help if you need it
Stay up to date with the latest NHS COVID-19 guidance here.