Unrivalled pay rates for every specialism
We value our workers’ skills, commitment, and dedication to working shifts at short notice. Our industry-leading pay rates reflect this.
We pride ourselves on being open, transparent and honest. The specific pay rates, including holiday pay, for each specialism are listed below.
Our pay rates
ANP, ANNP, APNP, ECP, ENP
ANP, ANNP, ENP and ECP
In charge of a specialist unit
A&E, Cardiac Catheter Lab Nurse, Chemo, Endoscopy Nurse, HDU, ITU, RNLD, RMN, Midwife, NICU, Paediatric A&E Nurse, Paediatric ITU, RCN, Practice Nurse, Prison Nurse, Renal Dialysis Nurse, School Nurse, Surgical First Assistant and ODP
Community, District Nurse, Nursing Home Nurse, Palliative Care Nurse and RGN
Learning Disability HCA and Mental Healthcare Assistant
Healthcare Assistant (HCA) and Home Care Support Worker (HCSW)
Effective 3 July 2023:
- Specialties: A&E, Minor Injury/Walk-In Centre; HDU/ITU/CCU/OR, Dialysis; NICU/SCBU, RSCN, RM; Cath Lab, Chemotherapy, Endoscopy. Intensive/Complex Homecare, Occupational Health, Practice Nursing. Prisons. CAMHS, Psychiatric ICU/Forensic/secure unit, Specialist Mental Health assignments and other specialist certificates when requested.
- Travel expenses are paid at 25 pence per mile for journeys up to 200 miles: and at 30 pence for each additional mile for journeys over 200 miles. Expenses will also be paid for bridge tolls, congestion charges and clean air zones. Reasonable public transport costs will be paid for the return journey. Receipts for all incidental travel costs must be provided and scanned on the same image as your timesheet when submitting electronically.
- There may occasionally be different pay and mileage rates for specific clients – it is your responsibility to ensure you know the pay and mileage rates when you accept a shift.
- Thornbury makes no deductions for additional administration charges.
- Holiday pay at 15.56% is included in your hourly rate and paid to you on a weekly basis. Thornbury urges all staff to take their agency paid holiday entitlement in full.
- By accepting these terms, you agree that any such sums paid to you as holiday pay in addition to your hourly rate may be set off against any entitlement to receive statutory holiday pay during periods of annual leave.
- If any changes occur during your placement with regard to your duties or ward allocation, please inform your local office immediately as this could affect your pay. Retrospective changes may not be possible.
- For care provided in a patient’s own home, no breaks will be deducted if you are the only worker in attendance. In all other cases standard breaks are deducted. If no break is possible, please write this on your timesheet and ask the signatory to initial.
- Thornbury urges all agency workers to have professional indemnity insurance provided by personal membership of a recognised professional body or trade union.
- Tax and NIC are deducted by Thornbury from the pay rates quoted above.
- Information submitted on your timesheet must match the shift details we have on our system. Workers will not be paid any additional times or for a change in grade, without authorisation from a client prior to the shift ending.
Reliable and regular pay
Our nurses are paid via PAYE up to 5 times per week. We don’t use umbrella companies or permit our nurses to operate under a limited company or via umbrella schemes.
The work we offer you
We have short notice shifts for nurses, midwives and healthcare assistants (HCAs) in England and Wales.
We cover a wide range of specialisms in both healthcare and community settings.
Whether you’re looking for something familiar or are seeking variety, as long as you’re able to pick up work with a few hours notice, we have work for you.
Join in 3 steps
1. See if you’re eligible
Find out if you can work for us.
Fill in your details and tell us your skills, qualifications and employment history. This should take around 10-15 minutes.
Take part in a short video interview and upload documents to our recruitment portal. The sooner you provide your documents, the sooner you can start working.